stands on West Fairview at the foot of Oak Street. The home of the Wolverines. It cost $36M and will serve 1200 students. The old Carver, replaced by this one, was “formula constructed”, and opened its doors in 1949 as a “vocational school for Colored students”. It stood on this site, directly in front of the new construction, and was demolished when the new one was completed. This is a startling sight to us old timers who looked upon the old Carver for 60 years.