presbyterian


It was founded in the early 1920s, positioned midway between the then mature Highland Avenue neighborhoods (made possible by the electric streetcar), and the new suburb of Cloverdale (made possible by the availability of the automobile). In 1930 it was called Mulberry St Presbyterian, and was listed as one of […]

Oak Park Presbyterian Church





First Presbyterian Church
The Church was founded in 1824, the oldest organized church in Montgomery. This structure was dedicated in 1847, the same year that Montgomery became the State Capital. Church member Andrew Dexter gave the land for the Church, as well as “Goat Hill”, the ground on which the Capital Building was […]

First Presbyterian Church