This was the offices of The Montgomery Advertiser / Alabama Journal for many years. It had multiple offset floor levels and was frightful to negotiate. Getting the huge 10k pound rolls of newsprint thru the basement to the giant printing press was a logistical nightmare. Now the building has been remodeled and declared yet another courthouse annex. But before all that, this corner was the site of Central Presbyterian Church, founded by a breakaway group from First Presbyterian, just two blocks away. In 1913 Central moved out onto Felder Avenue and became Trinity Presbyterian. The vacated church building became the offices of the “Montgomery Journal” in 1940.
Photos courtesy of JMR+H Architecture.