was constructed in 1910 in English Tudor Gothic style, following the lead of prominent East coast colleges. It was the first building on the new 55-acre campus of the Women’s College of Alabama, and for many years it was the only building. During those early years Flowers housed classrooms, the library, chapel, administration, dormitories and dining facilities –even the college president’s domicile. The college was founded in Tuskegee in 1854, but was relocated to the small town of Cloverdale a half-century later. Cloverdale was incorporated into Montgomery in 1927, and the school’s name was changed to Huntingdon in 1935 as social changes and the depression forced the admission of male students.