at 110 North Jackson Street was built in 1893 and is on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. It was erected by Speridon Cassimus, the younger of two Greek brothers who, with their dad, moved to Montgomery ca 1878, the first Greek immigrants to settle here. The family ran a wholesale fruit business on Bibb Street. The house is Victorian Style, but distinctive for its classical Greek restraint.
The place underwent extensive restoration in 1976, and ever since has been occupied by the Alabama State Employees Association. The obelisk on its right is a war memorial erected by the American Legion to honor “Alabama Veterans of all wars”.